With Disney yesterday announcing the title of what is sure to be this year's biggest smash hit, Star Wars The Last Jedi has sent fans of the series into a frenzy of speculation and theories about a couple of things. Such as...
- Is Luke The Last Jedi? Since Ben Solo was seduced by the power of the Dark Side of the Force, he wiped out all of the Jedi save one, his uncle, Luke Skywalker. Could it be as straightforward as that?
2. Is Rey The Last Jedi? We know she can manipulate The Force, so is she about to get some Jedi training in, at the hands of old Last Jedi... and is something going to happen to Luke to make her the Last Jedi?
3. Is Kylo Ren/Ben Solo The Last Jedi? He may not know it, but Kylo Ren's grandfather Anakin switched Force sides not once, but twice. Given that we know he is not yet a Sith Lord, there's still time for Kylo to do a Darth and switch sides at the last minute. If he finishes his training... and then something happens to his uncle Luke... could Ben Solo indeed be The Last Jedi?
4. Jedi can be plural... might some of the above, or all of the above, collectively be The Last Jedi?
5. Is the red of the logo significant? Rumours abound that the red logo indicates ties to Episode III and Episode VI, which also had the red logo treatment. Some see this as a sign that perhaps a character will switch sides, much as Anakin in Episode III, and Darth in Episode VI. This, in some ways reinforces the theory that Ben Solo might return to the light. Bit late now though, son. You've already killed one of the best characters in the whole bloody lot!
So there you have it. About 24 hours in and there's already enough floating around to write a blog post about. Personally, I wonder why Captain Kirk isn't in these movies anymore, and everyone got so carried away with BB-8 that Tweekie wasn't even in this one. And Rogue One hardly had any Cylons in it. Anyway, no matter who The Last Jedi is, you can count on Carsun's Bazaar to bring you some top-notch merch closer to release, and we'll be right there with you at the 3D IMAX screen, yelling for Disney to just hurry up and take our money!
May the blah blah blah.